View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 03:02 PM

jeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Fly Fishing With Health Issues

I'm on the disabled fisherman's list, too. I've been living and working in severe pain for about twenty years and finally quit my job in 2012 based on diagnosis at sixty. My neurosurgeon says I have the back of an eighty year old. I'm now on ss disability and have made some changes to keep on fishing.

Like revisiting easy-walking roadside streams I know of but have refused to fish for thirty years. I took up lake fishing again with a pontoon boat I trailer to the lakes fully assembled. I bought a travel trailer so I don't have to set up camp. I don't fish with my old fishing buddies because I can't keep up and don't want to fish somebody else's put down all day long. Hitting up the tail waters on the off season days so I don't have to walk so much.

So far I haven't been able to fish one of those road side streams. Lake fishing sucks. I haven't taken my trailer anywhere because it's more comfortable staying in motels. I don't have one single person to fish with who's about my speed and every time I even think about going to a river I have a set back and have to go get more spinal shots.

I'm about to bust if I don't go catch a real trout pretty soon.