View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 07:16 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 8wt. Reel Advice

I don't own either reel, but I have fished them (actually the Hatch was the Monsoon - same reel, different machining). Both drag systems are very smooth from bottom to top. However I feel that the Hatch has a bit more top end drag just in case you need it. For the species that you intend to target, both reels will be fine.

If I had to make a choice based off of putting my hands on the reel, I would choose the Hatch. It just seems solid. A solid machined screw holds the spool in place. The reel foot is part of the frame. The machining quality is top notch.

If I had to make a choice based off of the company reputation, I would choose the Galvan. Galvan Reels is a small business based in the Sierra foothills of California. The Galvan family makes its rounds to sports shows all over the nation to plug its products and to see its customers. If you ever have a customer service issue, your phone or e-mail question will be answered by a Galvan.

Dennis