View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 09:21 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sage Method 8-weight Fly Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewlushlife View Post
I've been a long time sage customer and currently own 3 sage models, two z-axis rods and a VXP. I have to say I am very dissapointed that sage is moving away from number & letter designations such as tcx, txl-f, zxl, vxp, 99, Xi3. I don't think I'll ever be able to get on board with sage giving rods actual names. I wonder If I am the only one that feels this way :/

Its not a huge deal obviously, but for those of us that appreciate tradition in the sport, sage's number/letter designations for rod designs has always been a nice and unique feature of their rods charm. Anyway, my two cents.
I'm with you on this. I've always enjoyed the alphanumeric naming designations Sage has given to their rods over the years. Like you, not a deal breaker. I'm less concerned with the names as I am them continuing to make rods that I enjoy fishing. Lord knows I've got enough of the older models to keep me busy for a while