View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 10:44 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Did You Go There?

One of my best friends, Jim Greenlee passed in 2010. We fished the Madison River together for many years. I make a pilgrimage to fish this river every year, not only for myself but for Jim.

The first time I went back after he passed, I fished with his favorite rod and reel. I miss Jim but I miss him less when I am on the Madison.

Click the image to open in full size.

So why do we go back?

For me, a big reason is not to go back to a place but to go back in time. To revisit memories and fuse the new ones with the old. This makes the old memories so much more real and more recent in time and space.

And the fishing and scenery ain't bad either.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy