View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 07:33 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Theft at Twin Bridges Fly Fishing Shop

Having just returned from Montana, including a brief stop in Twin, I find this report incredible. My partner and I camp, as we have for decades, on public land with a full set up: tents, two burner, high BTU stove, sun shade, coolers full of thick steaks and beverages...no one ever messes with our stuff even though it is out there in plain sight for plenty of other anglers and recreationists to see. I like to think of that country as "The Last Best Place" where folks are friendly, honest (except about fish size and numbers) and helpful to one another. Strangers wave hello from their trucks as they pass your camp.

I would like to see all higher end rods and reels serial numbered and registered by the maker as to the shop or individual purchaser. I know of a guy who left his valuable, hand made reel on a picnic table and after months of kicking himself for his own carelessness, found it listed on the auction site. They, the finder nor the purchaser had any interest in assisting the actual owner. Not theft of course but hardly the generosity of spirit one hopes to encounter among one's fellow fly fishers. And that too was in Montana.