Re: Why Did You Go There?
I go to MT
1. because I have friends there
2. to drift big rivers with lots of fish
3. to fish big bugs on the banks and hopper/dropper the seams
4. to find small waters full of cutts that no one cares about but me
5. to hike to small lakes maybe 10 people will fish all season
But most of all...like the E Sierra towns like Topaz and Bridgeport...to go back in time to when people looked you in the eye and said what they meant...where a handshake still means something and if your neighbor needs an afternoon of help you give it, knowing it will come back. The heartland of America, wherever you find it, is still the best place on Earth.
Last edited by mikel; 07-25-2013 at 12:34 PM.