View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 11:49 AM

troutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Hardy 'Perfect' Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by almonde View Post
I have been given a Hardy Perfect 3 3/8", its a bumpy model from the late 70's i think.

I'm looking for a few tips on correctly setting the pawls. Due to the line guard and the lack of lock screw on the spool, I'll be using it RHW.

Can anyone offer me some advice on how I should set both of the pawls in the reel, i.e.: which one should have the curve surface against the spring.

Currently i have set it with the upper pawl with the curved surface against the spring and lower pawl is set with the flat surface against the spring.
I did a quick search on Google image for the Perfect and there are several pictures showing the pawl placement. It looks to me that your setting is correct form the images I see. You will probably get input from the more knowledgeable members here shortly. I just purchased a 3 1/8 and should have it in hand in a week, so I will be watching as well.