View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 05:00 PM

stolenhorse is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need help with setting up new sage

Well Folks , I took into consideration all your good sound advice and I appreciate it very much. I did order an Orvis Battenkill Bar Stock 111 for a little over a hundred dollars and WF Trout Wonderline Gen 3 5 WT Line and 20lb backing. The reel is 3" diameter weighs 3.9 ounces. I've never seen one or used one but I liked what I read in the reviews.
Thanks heres the ad: I did get the Titanium color for what its worth.
The Orvis Battenkill Bar Stock Reels are the best "value for the price" fly reel series on the market today. The five strong, lightweight fly reels in this series are machined of aircraft grade 6262-T6 aluminum to tolerances that are much higher than the older die-cast aluminum fly reels. The drag system is an infinitely adjustable off-set disc drag system that has been an Orvis standard for reliability and strength for decades. Remarkably lightweight, these traditionally-sized fly reels balance beautifully with the new lightweight rods in both fresh and light saltwater sizes and will last a lifetime with little maintenance. Fly fishing reels in black, titanium