View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 03:57 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: favorite damsel body?

Another way: A dozen strands of green or blue Ultra Hair or Super Hair-I guess they still sell this stuff and call it that, my packages are very old- Tie them into he back of the hook like a long tail. Grab them with hackle pliers and twist them very tightly. Grab the middle of the length with your fingers or fold the length over a bodkin, and back to the hook. Tie the other end to the hook. When you release the folded part, the hair will twist around itself to form the extended body. Segment with a Sharpie. I finish the rest of the fly with peacock herl. Wings can be parachute or 6-8 strands of black Super Hair at right angles to the hook.
I've been tying these for a very long time, don't know who to credit the pattern to, but it does work.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey