View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 07:20 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Expensive waders, are they worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty 54 View Post
My first waders were $120.00 from one of the chains. They lasted me 4 1/2 seasons of about 20 days per season (many days were waders on at breakfast, off for bed). That works out to $25.00- $30.00 per year. I bought another pair of the same model.

If I paid $400.00, they would have to last 8 years. So the cheaper ones seem to make sense for me in my situation.
Right on man. My current waders are the old Simms "Classic" Guide, they are probably 8 years old and I paid $330 or something like that back then. It was a big purchase for me, but 8 years later and more than 150 days in then and they are still the best waders I've ever owned. And why I will go back to Simms when these finally fail, if they ever do. :-)