View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Some Fishing Picture From 7/24/2013;

Quote:
Originally Posted by chased View Post
Ard, sweet pics and nice fish! What new camera did you get?

Chase
The camera is a LUMIX DMC TS-20

Not very expensive (at Target) and waterproof. The waterproof thing really matters if you're on the rivers and creeks a lot. I just came home today with a Mil Spec phone made by Sonim. I've gotten my phone wet several times this season already.

I know that before we had cell phones plenty of people probably died in the bush here, but now that we do have service in many areas it would be a shame to end up dead because I couldn't call for help...............

I get into places where stuff can happen. Something as simple as running the boat onto a sand bar in a glaciated river 90 miles up from any boat launch could easily go from an 'I'm stuck' thing to a heart attack when you have to drag one off alone. it would be better to call for some help if you can. it is exactly that kind of thing that worries me, when you're struggling with a river boat is when the phone can be dropped or just get splashed a bunch.

I don't make a habit of getting into things I can't get out of alone but these rivers can be treacherous and I've had my moments.

The LUMIX seems a good value from what I can see so far

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;