View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Expensive waders, are they worth it?

In a word............... yep.

However, I have thought on this before myself, sometimes I feel it would be good to buy 2 or 3 inexpensive pair and carry a backup in the boat.

Conversely............ yesterday I spent considerable time kneeling in the rocks and other deposition at the edge of the water unhooking fish and in some cases taking pictures. The extra heavy knees and lower leg layers of Simms G-3's is probably a good thing.

I also did some traverse through the bush trying to shorten my hike. When you find yourself going through the bushes and such having the tough waders is real piece of mind as well. I've been wearing guide quality waders since they started calling them by that name. I've done it because I want that piece of mind thing going on while I'm out.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;