Thread: Abel Hemostats
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Abel Hemostats

I have one of the early self winding Seiko's too but mine is very light. it dates to 1970 - 72, a bud traded his GI issue Timex for it while in South East Asia. I don't wear it much these days because once you start you can't take it off or it dies.

most times when at the cabin or extended trips to the outback I wear a Citizen Eco Drive circa 2004. It's one of the Moon Phase crono watches and every time I'm straining my eyes to read the day or date I wonder why I ever got it.

It is solar powered and supposed to never die.............. That's what makes it good.

But; figure this out, it's a chronograph watch with a main dial for time, then three smaller dials for 'month' - 'day' and moon phase. The day is logged by a sweep type hand and the tiny numbers are at the extreme edge of the dial face.

Now the 'figure this out' part; if it is keeping track of all that stuff, why do I need to correct the date when we go from a 31 day month to a 30 day month or visa versa

That's the part which really makes me question what I was thinking when I bought this............... The part about no battery is still good but the rest........

Well,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;