View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Some Fishing Picture From 7/24/2013;

Yeah, Boss liked this stream. It was a perfect dog water, not too swift at the crossing points and lots of stuff to snoop around.

The beaver was doing the tail flop thing and that got him going. He associates large splashes with fish. if he's laying down while I fish he always jumps up when I hook one and comes to see it. If it jumps he knows, if it runs, he knows that the reel singing means fish.

Now the Beaver, it was swimming around and flopping a bunch. he started out just going to investigate the commotion and when it kept up he was knee deep in the creek barking at it. he thought about going in to see what it was but I think he figured out how well it could swim and gave that up. It was a great big beaver too, maybe 60+ pounds judging by the head size.

Generally I'd tell him not to bark because of the way it shatters the silence, but we were walking on bear tracks all day so I encouraged the barking. He sounds really big when he barks

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;