View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 08:14 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expensive waders, are they worth it?

Rip and Cletus, when I bit the bullet and bought my first (and still only) pair of Simms it was because I had gone through three pairs of inexpensive waders in the $100 to $175 range in four years. The first two were Hogemans and the last pair were Redingtons that had been discontinued so the warranty was null. When they started leaking within a year I decided I was sick of shopping for new waders every couple years.

So I spent probably more than $300 on three pair of wader over 5 years. My $300 Simms are down to $40 a year now over the past 8. Plus they are about as comfortable as a pair of old Levi's.