View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 08:29 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default My Old Fishing Vest;

Right about 1979 or so there was an outfit called Stream Designs who advertised their 'Classic' vest everywhere.

I was young and carried everything imaginable with me so a vest with 25 pockets sounded like a good thing............

This is the front, I haven't worn this since about 1983 because I realized I probably shouldn't ruin it. You'll get why that was a concern when you view the back.

Click the image to open in full size.

I have a lady friend who was the person who made those really cool embroidered shirts for John Denver, Lynn Anderson and other notable artists and so I ask her to do something on the vest.

I gave her this;

That is an inlay of a rainbow on a sheet of polished copper, inlayed with 24 karat gold and 999.9 % pure silver and bronze. They were sold by the Franklin Mint in 1978 or there abouts...... Anyway I have one and liked it so I gave her the vest and the etching and she did this.

More detail;

I used it until I noticed the stain beside the trout and then retired it. it is one of the only things I've ever had that I can be sure that there isn't another one like it on the planet.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;