View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 08:41 PM

grouch has a spectacular aura aboutgrouch has a spectacular aura aboutgrouch has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: What is your one fish

This is a tough one for me. I cut my teeth on fly fishing with warm water so bass both large and small are very special to me. If I had to pick from those two it would be the smallie for no other reason than it is impossible to catch one and not feel like a total child again. I know the fountain of youth is filled with smallies. I like everything about them. I like the environment they are found in. I like the fun you can have with the flies, tying everything from quirky and goofy patterns to exquisite deer hair patterns. Most of all I like the idea that one or two flies, a rod and reel and an old pair or tennis shoes is all you need.

Salt is harder yet. I started on the reds and specks a long time ago but since my relocation to the Northeast, I am learning why people are so in love with the striper that you see tons of tattoos of them. They get under your skin in a way that a red can't. Maybe it's because they are so darn elusive and you can spend hours upon hours chasing the tides just to find them. I am beginning to think they are about the best thing going. Well that is until I find an albie or two.