View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 10:03 PM

Location: Port Washington, WI (fish areas around grafton and plymouth)
pikefisher69 has a spectacular aura aboutpikefisher69 has a spectacular aura about
Default Birthday Fly Fishing Trip

I went fishing for my 15th birthday. I went to a small river a half an hour away from me. It started here, on my first cast I got a strike but I couldn't hook into it.
Click the image to open in full size.
I fished my way up to this area getting 2 more strikes, but no hook ups. Click the image to open in full size.
I then worked up to this area, getting another 2 strikes with out a single hookup
The area above is where my luck increased. I caught my first brown, small, on the first bend on a sz 18 RS-2. Click the image to open in full size.
Then on the second bend of the "S" I hooked into another brown with the same fly. It was about 10'', which is nice sized for the small river. Click the image to open in full size.
All in all I had a great time on the water. I tried a few different things, which made me feel more confident. I didn't care about anything that went wrong, I just enjoyed the ability to do what I do and thanked God for everything that day. I also got to try out the new lanyard I got! Click the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Looks like the pics didn't work, here's the link to the photobucket gallery. jakepannemann's Library | Photobucket