View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 07:41 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is your one fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouch View Post
This is a tough one for me. I cut my teeth on fly fishing with warm water so bass both large and small are very special to me. If I had to pick from those two it would be the smallie for no other reason than it is impossible to catch one and not feel like a total child again. I know the fountain of youth is filled with smallies. I like everything about them. I like the environment they are found in. I like the fun you can have with the flies, tying everything from quirky and goofy patterns to exquisite deer hair patterns. Most of all I like the idea that one or two flies, a rod and reel and an old pair or tennis shoes is all you need.

Salt is harder yet. I started on the reds and specks a long time ago but since my relocation to the Northeast, I am learning why people are so in love with the striper that you see tons of tattoos of them. They get under your skin in a way that a red can't. Maybe it's because they are so darn elusive and you can spend hours upon hours chasing the tides just to find them. I am beginning to think they are about the best thing going. Well that is until I find an albie or two.
Stripers are also very dear to me and represent most of my saltwater flyfishing but wait until you hear your reel singing the song of an Albie