View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 08:56 AM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Opinions on 6 wt rods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tridentfly View Post
I use a 10' 7wt Sage ONE - as the 6 just doesn't have the muscle.
First I've heard that regarding the Sage ONE 6 wt. I've not fished it and recently bought the 9 wt., but the folks in my local fly shop fish that 6 often for smallies feel it's the best of the line and are throwing some sizable flies to these fish.

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewalker1013 View Post
I have an older Sage XP (which, as I understand it is the same as the newer VXP in a 5 wt. .and I gotta say that it handled some stuff I shouldn't have been throwing with it on a recent trip.)

I own the 690-4 XP (as well as an 890 and 386 XP rods) and it'll throw some big stuff very well for me. As a FYI, the VXP is not the same as the XP, and I own the 7 wt. and fished a guides 5 weight for a day. Completely different rods.