View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 10:18 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cool Water Trout Line for 5 wt. Sage XP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneltyr View Post
I forgot to mention I don't do much dry fly fishing - some drift, hopper/dropper, nymphing & the streamer (using a different rod)

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

If I head out to dry fly fish I just take my 4wt and carry two rigs.
I guess you never mentioned where you fish and the kind of fishing you do, that makes a difference.

So you want to use the XP 5wt more for just nymphing? In that case I cannot advise on the line differences, I'm the kind of fisherman that changes flies and approaches to suit the demands and conditions so many days I will high-stick with nymphs through pocket water, then switch to wets and dries when the fish begin to rise on calm water.

Like I mentioned above, I was pretty insistent about fishing only my "medium" action SLT 4 wt for dry fly fishing. I'm asking you now, don't shun that 5wt XP to only nymph fishing, you will be missing out!

Last edited by dean_mt; 07-26-2013 at 11:19 AM.