View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 11:29 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Expensive waders, are they worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi flyfisher View Post
I will say that the price of these Simms is getting pretty darn high and the G3's are almost $100 more now than they were when I bought my first pair. I'm all for improving products, but I'd like to see them let the G3's alone and keep the price down rather than improving them with their new more breathable wader fabric - leave that to the the G4's or make a G5. You can't halt progress I guess but sooner or later they may price me out. I do have limits on how much I want to spend on things and I can get a lifetime big game reel for the price of their new G4's...
Totally agree with you Mike and Ard. I understand why companies phase out products and replace them with "improved" models. But man, I wish Simms had just left the classic Gore-Tex Guide wader alone and kept it in production. They are the super basic, no frills wader that work perfectly. No "convertible" whatever, no hand-warmers, zippers, specially designed suspenders, etc. Just rock solid Gore Tex waders that fit and perform flawlessly.

If they would have continued to make them just as they were they could continue to sell them for $300 and make it possible for more fisherman to into Simms waders.

This makes me thing that I should buy a pair of G3's now for the eventuality of when my old classics give out...because by then they will probably cost more the $500!