View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 07:23 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: "Dunkable" 8wt. Fly Reel?

I would go in order:

1. Galvan T8
2. Sage 1880
3. Allen Kracken

The Galvan is a really solid reel and I know lots of guides that use em and they really like em. I routinely see them bring dunked in the salt and causing no problems.

the Sage is a sage and its gonna work for a inexpensive option. The drag on them is sealed really well and have owning a couple Sage reels, they are nice and the drags are very smooth and strong.

If you are looking for sealed drags only, The Kracken is the only 100% sealed drag reel they offer currently. I know the Alpha III has a new drag and I think its based off the Kracken, but you'll need to verify that. They will answer if you ask em. I saw a Kracken in action and its a nice reel. The drag is really smooth and strong. I used my Alpha II in the salt and it doesn't have a sealed drag, so I made sure I cleaned it each day when I was done and I didn't have any problems with it.

Storm Drain Bonefisher