View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 07:40 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: "Dunkable" 8wt. Fly Reel?

sneltyr, You have asked for advise and it has been given. Are you looking for the best or the best bargain, new or ebay? If you are ruling out Nautilus NV and Hatch you are ruling out 2/3 of the reasonable sealed drag reels and not even mentioning Hardy Fortuna. Do you think all the world records set with Abels were with reels never dropped in the muck? Galvan Reels are terrific fresh water reels but you will never see one on a bonefish camp rod rack...you may see a Waterworks/Lamson due to their trout popularity but...they are the property of one-timers. As I have oft said, most reel designs are not suited to the arduous rigors of saltwater flats fishing and the ones that are are purpose built for this application.

Very few reel's designs are scalable from fresh to flats applications and I am not talking trough my long-billed hat...I have been plying Tropical and NorthEastern flats for pushing four decades.