View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 09:43 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expensive waders, are they worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krikau27 View Post
It would be so cool if nobody bought Simms waders just to make a point that they are too overpriced. It would work, but that's not realistic
Over-priced? Compared to what? Sure they make ridiculously expensive waders but that is because someone is buying them. I just visited their site after I read jaybo's post in which he said they have resurrected the classic guide model, very happy about that. But I see that Simms is producing at least 8 models of wader made in the USA. The cheapest made in USA model is $350. I don't know man, I don't think that is overpriced when compared to other made in America products.

Orvis' Guide Wader is $350 and "imported" Patagonia's top end wader is $499 and made in China.

So if you want boycott a company for overpricing products I start somewhere other than the made in Montana company.

BTW, Simms does sell $199 waders...but they are "imported."