View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 12:38 PM

jeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of lightjeepster II is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Fluorocarbon tippet - different than fluorocarbn line?

I've been using mono for tippet for many years. 2lb (.006") and 4lb (.007") fluorocarbon and 6lb (.009") to rebuild leaders 6/4/2/2. I don't think the brand name is important but you have to order it because you don't find 2lb and 4lb in stores that cater to the 10 and 20lb needs. Fly shops should be stocking light mono for tippet. The same price for 250 yards verses 15 yards should make people question this at the fly shops. It's not that it's cheap material it's that the fly fishing industry must think very highly of their profit margin on mono labeled tippet. The difference in quality for the ridiculous high price is 1.6lb (.001"), and maybe it's more subtle for that .001" but I doubt it. I can make mine more subtle by running it through my fingers.