View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 01:06 PM

pszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Pflueger auto operation

It may or may not be broke, it may just need to be "wound up". Sometimes you need to add some residual spring tension. As BigJim said, you may need to turn the knurled plate on the top of the reel. Don't get carried away and over do. Wind it maybe a turn or so and see if the reel spins when you hit the release lever. If it does, you are all set, if not, it may be broke. If it still doesn't spin, you might try two or three turns, I guess you have nothing to loose at that point. If you start feeling some significant tension, stop.

One thing I can tell you, I learned this from personal experience when I was a kid about 10 years old. I don't recommend taking the reel apart. When I tried it as a kid, I spent the next year or so trying to get it back together. Never did get it to work. Maybe I'd have better luck now as an adult, but I think I've been permanently scarred by the experience.

Good luck,

Tenkara Fly Fishing

Tenkara Fly Fishing Forum

Tenkara Fly Fishing Blog

"People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" - John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo