View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 01:24 PM

pszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: need advice: michigan trip in fall

I can't give you details on all the possible rivers, but on my home river, the Muskegon, I'd plan on the first week of Oct if you want to catch salmon, the 1st or 2nd week of Nov for Steelhead. There will be both Salmon and Steelhead in the river for that whole period, I think it's easier to key in on steel once the salmon thin out.

If you plan on fishing salmon, to be honest, you don't need a guide or a boat. there are miles of river and there is no difficulty in finding fish. If you plan on fishing steelhead, might not be a bad idea to go with a guide, there are miles of river.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
Wow, there's a blast from the past. Glen opened that shop in Rockford must be going on 20 years now! Is it still right of the interstate at 10 Mile Rd was it? I used to watch his T.V. show in Michigan.
They moved their shop from the original location several years ago, It's only a couple of blocks, but it's now west of the x-way, it used to be just east.

Tenkara Fly Fishing

Tenkara Fly Fishing Forum

Tenkara Fly Fishing Blog

"People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" - John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo