View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 07:28 PM

adam maskew is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "Dunkable" 8wt. Fly Reel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneltyr View Post
One thing that does concern me is the Spool Change. If I am out wading with the wife and we want to change lines for some reason I'd like it to be quick. This is the only thing that holds me back on getting a used Tibor Everglades or Abel 3n. Can't afford the Everglades QC.

I'm not sure if I need an extra line or spool for Redfish, Speckled Trout or Bonefish. i havent had anyone answer that question yet. If the answer is no then a used Everglades or Abel 3n may be the best choice.
I used to think I would change lines regularly and that is why I got a QC and some time later a spare spool. I very rarely if ever change lines on the water as my water depth doesn't change radically in a session. I find myself very rarely changing between an Inter and floating or sinking in a session. Think about the fishing you'll do before you buy as you maybe better off with a cheap line winder.

Over time you will accumulate additional rods and reals that can remain in your collection as backups and be strung with different lines.

Good luck with the tough decision...

Adam