View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 07:46 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fluorocarbon tippet - different than fluorocarbn line?

There is a rule of thumb in equipment that says the further you get from the end of the cast, the less important the equipment is. OK, so I made up that rule but I think it is a good one. Fly -> leader -> fly line -> fly rod -> reel -> vest, wader, etc. The single exception is the skill of the fly fisher.

The weakest link that connects us to the fish is the tippet. It is not where I would choose to save a buck but everyone decides for themselves.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy