View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 09:46 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What is your one fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggie_robs View Post
If I could catch only one type of fish for the rest of my life, I'd have to choose bream, for three reasons.

1) They're darn near everywhere, so I wouldn't ever have to watch other people fishing and think "Bummer there are no <whatever fish> near here.

2) They fight with spunk. With the appropriate gear they're quite a tussle.

3) They taste damn good.

Bonus reason: I catch bass, both LM and SM, on "accident" when fishing for bream, so maybe I could hook some of them to scratch the big fish itch and just long distance release them.
They really are the one fish that will never let you down. And what fly don't they eat, that like you mention, anther fish when hungry enough will likely take as well, leading to the technicality of well I'm only fishing bream but I caught a bass or a pike.

Good example of them never being a let down... Yesterday it rained all day... was 55f... Quite the cold front moved in... Lake was looking sorta pea soup-ish from what would be a recent algae bloom... And I was still able to land a few sunfish.