View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 09:29 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default thinking to venture to tubes

so, lately i've incurred a bit of flak on some boards for tying predominantly 'shadow box' and not 'fly box' flies, which got me thinking to try other more 'useable' patterns (not that the classics aren't usable), including tube flies, moderns speys (Sweeney Todd) etc, as well as trout flies (iron blue dun) and the like which most folks will be happy to fish. Basically, im expanding my repetoire

Tube flies seem like a nice challenge, but having never tied on them i'm interested to know what to start with in terms of patterns or materials.

THis will be a whole new outlet for my tying cash, so i guess i'll take it one or two patterns at a time.

What tubes? Heads or no? hint, tips and advise gratefully accepted.

Addicted To Vise