Thread: New Scott Rod?
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 10:07 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: New Scott Rod?

I need another 9'/#5 about as much as I need a wind knot in my tippet...but this new Scott sounds fascinating and I can't wait to try one.

The performance differential among my core rods is more incremental and rod "personality" driven than dramatic as the majority of my trout fishing is match-the-hatch dry fly on medium to large rivers. Any rod from any maker that can convince me it offers an exceptional virtue is welcome in my collection.

Incidentally, I believe sensitivity, responsiveness/recovery rate, tracking and "feel" are all revealed in comprehensive test casting. Any rod, short of one that runs out of butt power, can be enjoyable when attached to a fine trout, and one that runs out of low end reserve will quickly reveal that during the distance component of test casting.

Last edited by sweetandsalt; 08-01-2013 at 04:18 PM.