View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 04:16 PM

stevewes2004 will become famous soon enoughstevewes2004 will become famous soon enough
Default Carolina Rainbows

Needless to say I don't take enough time for fly fishing anymore. And my passion for killing big bucks with archery tackle easily takes up 6 months of the year.....not to mention a family and a busy job...

So, my WIFE asked me to take her fishing so I couldn't say NO!

"Skinny Light Blueliner" northwest of Charlotte , I knew would probably fish good with all the record breaking water being thrown down.

She's inexperienced with a fly rod, so I let her cheat with the spinning rig....setup with a small cork, a rubber legged stone, and a BH pheasant tail. Still counts as fly fishing right?

I fished my 9' #6 St Croix Legend Ultra. Made it easy to cast, my Hopper, rubber legged stone, and soft hackle combo. Not to mention the potential to catch a two footer....

She managed 8 fish, one 14" and one 15". She hooked several other good ones, and we both broke one off that had to have been 18-20+.

I grabbed 25, and missed/lost at least that many. Managed to bring one 18" rainbow to the net.

Here are a few pics:

Click the image to open in full size.

!!