Thread: RMNP fishing
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 04:28 PM

racine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: RMNP fishing

I just love this park and though it's got big fish it humbles one quite often. I got some nice browns on the Big Thompson and I would have wandered further in for some of those greenback cutts but was short on time. Please be aware of the weather as I had to stop and sit under a bridge for about 2 hours till the front passed. Later at the shop the sales lady informed me a 66 y/o tourist was struck and killed. That's another reason I chose to fish closer to the road in hard weather-I could easily run for the car. That's hard to do on the tundra or in the open. In as much as I'm in Colorado yearly, I'm realizing just how much fishing pressure is, 7 days a week, on the popular rivers here ( Cheeseman Canyon, Deckers, RMNP, the Eagle, the Blue, the Roaring Fork, etc...) compared to less trafficed rivers up north and perhaps I should adjust my expectations[ based on my real ability ; ^ ) ]. The bottom line is I had a blast just being out there even if if wasn't one of those 30-50 fish days.