View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 04:56 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of
Default Re: Glass and Epoxy...Killer Combo

Some of the beads won't make the bend, while others in the same batch will negotiate the curve. There's some minor product inconsistency, and a little bit of trial and error.

On smaller hooks, I just lay down a little thread before I slide the beads on. I build up a small bump of thread at the hook eye to stop the beads and allow a little space before the epoxy goes on. The thread gets covered by the epoxy, so there shouldn't be any issue of unraveling on these things.

I have some glass beads I've purchased from fly shops, and some from craft stores. Each of the flies shown has five beads on it.

Ard's flies are size 4 and size 6 saltwater hooks. The barbs are crimped, or the beads would not have made it on there.

-VB