View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 11:43 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wet wading tail waters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise View Post
Wet wading within 2 miles of the dams will be Cold.

I know a few guys who can do it and typically they are in shallow water...45 degree water on the old jewels will make any man I know suffocate.

A pair of hippers might be in order if shallow wading.

I fish the Pan, Gunny and Green and I get to cold in the limb when wet wading...Move a lot and you are way better off.
This may well be the "Post of the Day." Don't know the rivers listed above but the water coming out of Wm. Jess dam on the upper Rogue will run between 48 and 52 degrees. When it's 95 in the shade (fairly normal here) it's BLISS! Context: 95 in the 'shade' will be about 110+ standing in the sun.

By UK's post above, he knows where-of I speak.