View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 06:58 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: Little tricks to share

I've got one. When you've snagged your fly on a log, rock, root.... ect that is above the water, and are unable to get to it do to depth or speed of water or cause your floating past it down the river what do you do? Most times people just snap it off and tie on a new fly. Next time this happens to you try this, Raise your straight up keeping the line tight and then roll cast above and past the object you are snagged on. After your line goes over the object make a quick backcast. About half the time your fly pops free and the fishing continues. I use this technique alot with clients as well as for myself. Also never use this method when snagged in a bush or tree, you'll end up with a bunch of line tangled in the branches.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures