View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 05:03 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tropical Lines Question

I got my reels loaded up with Rio tropical lines for the Florida trip at the end of the month. I put the Outbound Short Intermediate on my Super 9, and the Tropical Clouser floating on my Super 8. I'll post a trip report when I get back.

Click the image to open in full size.Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Click the image to open in full size.Uploaded with ImageShack.com

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjc View Post
This post is probably too late. For the Tampa region, I'd go with a braided core tropical line and not a hard mono core line. The hard mono core lines are best suited for extended periods of baking in the sun on a skiff deck and are hard to control otherwise.

They also have a greater tendency to coil and twist than braided core lines regardless of temperature.

You'll have to check the specs on each different line as Rio, SA and probably others make both types.
Jim,

From what I could find out on their website, the Rio tropical lines have braided cores.

Thanks for the information and advice.

-VB

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamer junkie View Post
I use a few of the Outbound lines but haven't tried the tropical version. Do do you like them?
I haven't tried them yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. My trip to the Gulf Coast of Florida is at the end of August.

-VB