View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 09:55 PM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future
Default Re: Tropical Lines Question

VB,
It's hard keeping track of who makes what anymore, and it is compounded by manufacturers listing the same lines under more than one name like "bonefish taper" and "tropical express" or something.

Rio's solid, hard mono core lines do indeed appear to be in the large sizes, Tarpon and Billfish lines. The last flats lines I bought in 7 and 8 weights with solid hard mono cores were SA lines. The Cortland Liquid clear lines are also sold mono core lines in sizes 10 and heavier anyhow. I don't know about the lighter ones, but I would assume so.

As for the stickiness due to drying salt, you can either keep the stripped line wet a bucket with a little water in it or strip it onto a wet towel on the deck. It does help it to shoot much better, especially if in a bucket , and not much water is needed. So I just dump in fresh water.

Good luck on your Tampa trip, and let us know what you think of your line selection.