View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 01:46 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seeking Grayling, High Uintas, UT - 08/04/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenacron View Post
Golden Trout from the Uinta's would be very special, but a Golden from just about anywhere would be the piscatorial version of the Holy Grail for me.

At the outdoor show this past spring the DNR officer present and handing out booklets for the Uintas fisheries said that Golden Trout fry are back in the mix in an exchange with Wyoming. He wouldn't say which lakes they were planning on planting them in though.

Are they in the Wind River Range up there Larry?
Joe: Oh yes, Goldens are definitely in the Winds! I'm not sure about this but I did hear that the Daniel Fish Hatchery is raising Goldens to distribute, now I'm wondering if Utah is getting Goldens from the Daniel hatchery. I've been wanting to stop in there for a tour, now I have an even better reason to go.

Larry