View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 02:19 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of
Default Re: Seeking Grayling, High Uintas, UT - 08/04/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post

Joe: Oh yes, Goldens are definitely in the Winds! I'm not sure about this but I did hear that the Daniel Fish Hatchery is raising Goldens to distribute, now I'm wondering if Utah is getting Goldens from the Daniel hatchery. I've been wanting to stop in there for a tour, now I have an even better reason to go.

Larry
I was referring to the Grayling... my posts kind of stacked up there. But always good to know that the Goldens are alive and well in the Winds.

Good question about the Daniel hatchery. I overheard the DNR officer saying that California is no longer interested in dealing their prized Golden Trout out of state... but Utah has been actively raising/reintroducing native strains of Cutthroat Throat to their historical drainage's and I believe it was this particular strain (Bonneville's?) that they would be swapping with Wyoming for Goldens.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring