View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 06:46 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Theft at Twin Bridges Fly Fishing Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutnut4 View Post
Best news that I have heard today. The drug issue seems to overshadow everything else, but at least they were caught and some satisfaction for the TB Outfitter. If I was thinking of buying a new rod online, especially one without an original tube, sock and warranty card, I now would probably ask for the serial number and run it by the manufacturer to obtain the registered owner and if it matches the seller. Do you think that is going too far and just a pain? Would anyone else try the same?
I typically don't consider a rod without a tube, sock or card but your suggestion may very well be worth doing whether it comes with those pieces or not. I don't think it's going to far by any means if you don't mind a few extra steps. By asking for the SN, you may very well just weed out the undesirable sellers, especially on an auction site.

When I buy or sell here, I encourage discussion and prefer to have a conversation with a prospective buyer/seller.

I like your suggestion.