View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 09:17 PM

waycool is on a distinguished road
Default Utah, Idaho (Driggs) trip advice

Greetings, First post here....

I could use any advice ... I live in So NM and am planning a trip through Utah on my way to Driggs, ID to stay for 5 days. Plan right now is to fish the San Juan (NM) then to Bicknell, UT and fish the Fremont. Then to Driggs where I'm thinking Teton river, Southfork (if can be done without a boat) and possibly Henrys Fork mostly cause its on the bucket list.

I'm not an expert but I grew up fly fishing from the age of 10 (I'm 45 now) in northern NM. But took about 20 years off after moving south. So I'm back to tying flies and hoping to have some fun on vacation in ID.

I've been tying typical stuff in preparation ... caddis, baetis, hoppers, hares ears, bwo, pmd, wooly boogers, in all stages and sizes from 14 to 20.

Hopefully that will do. Well plus some stuff for the San Juan which can be unique to those waters.

Ill accept any advice including that I'm nuts not hiring a guide... cause I'm not. I guess I just dont roll like that.. ��

Mostly it would be nice to have help with where there is wadeable access to these places s I've obviously never been and not familiar with access.

Thanks for any advice,

-Steve