View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 11:22 PM

theboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant futuretheboz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Help identifying flies

Don't use flies to practice use a piece of yarn. If your snapping them slow down even though it looks like casting motion is like a bullwhop it's not. Like you have already heard a little lesson can't hurt.
When I used to give casting lessons (quickie ones before a booked stream session) I always asked the guys if they played any basketball. I'd tell them to think of when they made their jump shot and how there was that hesitation in mid air before the shot. This is what you do on your backcast a slight hesitation letting your line straighten out behind you before the foward cast. Saves a lot of flys!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser