Thread: Some action!
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 10:50 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some action!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
All the creeks that feed the Kill Van Kull are loaded witb monster Blue Claws. Unfortunately the water conditions there now are terrible and I won't even kayak it, nevermind harvest crabs out of it We used to ride our bikes there to catch Killies before Gulp was around.
As good as Gulp is (especially on Crappies and Fluke)
I still like Killies better. When I was a kid went trout fishing for first time in a tidal stream thought I brought home Brookies till my Dad told me they were Killies. 7 and 8 inch spawning Killies!

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjc View Post
I lived a block from Long Island Sound for a couple years while in high school, back in the day when sand worms, blood worms, clams and flounder were abundant in the clear water of the Sound.

For those of you who like eating flounder and spin fish for them with your kids, they don't know the difference between night crawlers and sea worms, and healthy night crawlers are much tougher, don't bite, and are very easy to attract with poplar chips (tulipwood).

The chips are availabe in profusion at any millwork shop in New England. It is great mulch for gardens and used extensively in horse stalls - so "used" poplar chips are even better mulch for your garden.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
You got that right!! The price of a flat of sandworms or bloodworms today you could put a down payment on a new car! I use mussels anyway.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser