View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 08:18 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: Little tricks to share

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbfly View Post
So...Davo and I are going to share our little tricks,that's a good team I think.The car wash chamois is great but you can use this too.When you find a little bag of silica desicant in one of your parcels or a medicine tube,don't throw it as advised,put it in a little tube.When your fly is wet,put it inside the tube,close it and shake...It'll come out perfectly dry.(very useful when you fish with a "cul de canard".
This is a tried and true method for drying drowned flies. Used it myself for years and still have a small jar of desicant in my vest. Takes more time and fumbling. One key to desicants is to make sure you remove all excess from your fly before adding floatant or fishing. Desicant soaks up many times it's own weight in water, leave any on the fly and it will start sinking quickly causing the need to repeat treatment.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures