View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 08:54 AM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Considering a boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbennett View Post
What about the Gheenoe boats? They seem like a decent compromise between a johnboat and a canoe

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Fiberglass though. How durable is that? Anybody make a similar plastic boat?
I own one and love it. I've got the 15'4" model. I mount a six horse on the back and a trolling motor up front and tow it on a little trailer. That thing will go like a bat out hell with the six, you could get away with a four easily. It poles easily, but paddles like a pig. Its stable enough to stand on a seat to fish or pole.
My only concern with it would be the construction. Its thin fiberglass. Now that's fine and dandy down here. But if you're using one with fast water and big rocks I might be a bit concerned. Still, you could always glass on some skid plates. For the Money (I think I paid $600 ten years ago, they're hard to beat. And if you want to cartop it you can, they only weigh 120 pounds. But I'm too damn old to throw that much boat on top of a 4wd with 17inch tires.