View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 11:07 AM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to all
Default Re: Welcome Home! Allen's first USA made fly reel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
Congratulations Justin, that's wonderful news. I'm all for bringing home manufacturing wherever possible.
Agreed, I stay in contact with many of my old suppliers/customers from my past when running a mfg company and it's a topic of conversation every time we get a chance to BS. We have great relationships with our suppliers in China/Korea and will continue that. I visit them 3 to 4 times a year. I just got back from my last visit this week. We just feel the company will be better suited for success by splitting what's made where and everyone will win in the long run.

The overall plan is to have the reel made in Canada as well for Canadians to have a reel that's made in Canada. That's more long term, but something to think about.

I had several mold makers in Windsor, ON making molds for us in the past. Most were for the RV and Truck/Trailer Industries. I know Americans are proud and Canadians are equally proud of there machining capabilities. I feel it's a since of pride and it should be and AFF want's to be apart of that.

Thanks