View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 06:42 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: The Sexyloops Mobile App flycasting instruction

Yup seriously... an app for fly casting.
The thing is, it is a very well done production with crystal clear video and explanations of the cast. Some of the more advanced techniques clearly explained in these vids are techniques you probably won't learn by just going out and casting at random.
For those of us who take casting as a very integral part of fly fishing and who have been in situations where being able to make the casts catches the fish, we know there really is nothing wrong with learning as much about casting as you can.
I guess you can take books out with you or a video set-up if you want to review a certain casting technique but that gizmo in my pocket is way more portable and convenient and can also keep me in touch with the outside world if need be.
I carried a cell phone on the water back when they first turned portable. It was either walk off to the side of the river and quietly conduct business between fish and casts or sit in a cubicle, grumpy and pale, and make a living (for lack of another word) Maybe this is why I see few downsides to smart phones and apps such as this.
Fancy gear and the finest flies don't mean much if you can deliver the groceries at that one point on the water that fools the fish. This 'app' helps you do just that.
I reckon the bottom line is, to each their own for reasons particular to them.

Enjoy... and I really wish the river grabbers would back off and that every fisherman would respect the land.